Monday, October 22, 2007

Wk. 7 #16 Why wiki? Why not?

Finally I know what a wiki is. It's been driving me crazy. A
little knowledge is a frightening thing. The thing about wikis
is that the "collective" can add, edit, modify, eliminate, truths,
falsehoods and anything in between. In this case, "let the buyer
(reader) beware". Still, I can really see the practical uses for
wikis that are closely monitored, eg. the Library Success comes
to mind. I can see that the various offerings would be useful to
librarians, like adult programs. Probably the most useful is
community information which by it's nature is alwasys changing
and difficult for librarians to maintain. This is where community
input is key. The SJCPL Farmers Market comes to mind. I did
add a favorite book under Favorite Books.

No comments: