Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hello world, (micro not macro) Week 4, #9
FEEDS. Feeds could mean actual food to sustain
oneself, but no, this is the library so of course
our "Feeds" are informational not neccessarily
intellectual.

I went to Blogline and used the search tools
investigating Feedster and Topix. In Feedster
I clicked on Ethiopia thinking this might prove
interesting and so it did. I learned about
"returnees" having long lived in the U.S.
(some 20-30 years) going back to their home
country and trying to adjust to the pace of
life, interrupted amenities and doing business
the Ethiopian way.

I also tried Topix and appreciated the easy
connection to local news. I can see that Feeds
can be tailored quite finely to your particular
interests. I found the news feeds the most
useful.

No comments: